Library is intended for providing the College community with information resources, services that meet the needs of College students, teachers and community. College students may use library books, internet connection, compendiums of study programme subjects, prepared by College teachers, free of charge. Due to rapid development of technologies in order to be an attractive and modern library, in 2010 VVK library became a member of Lithuanian Research Library Consortium (LMBA). In 2017 – a member of Lithuanian Academic Electronic Library Consortium (eLABa).
Services in the library:
- LENDING PUBLICATIONS. The library uses „OpenBiblio“ computer catalogue, where books and users are registered. Students can see which books are available in the library. The online catalogue of books can be found here: http://biblioteka.kolegija.lt
- DATABASES – UNDER SUBSCRIPTION AND FREE ACCESS:
1) EBSCOPublishing – it is a database package of full-text scientific articles consisting of various databases of full-text articles of bibliographical periodicals on issues of social, humanitarian, medical and technical sciences.
- Academic Search Premier
- Business Source Premier
- Health Source: Nursing/Academic Edition
- Health Source – Consumer Edition
- Library, Infromation Science&Technology Abstracts
- MasterFILE Premier
- Newspaper Source
- Regional Business News
- Teacher Reference Center
- Green File
Address – http://search.epnet.com/
2) Emerald Management eJournals – it is a database of full-text scientific journals consisting of full-text journals of business, management, marketing, information and communication sciences.
Address – http://www.emeraldinsight.com/ft
3) Taylor&Francis – it is a database of full-text scientific journals on issues of humanitarian, social sciences, medicine, health protection, technologies, biomedical and physical sciences.
Address – http://www.informaworld.com/
- ELECTRONIC LIBRARY eLABa. Information system of Lithuanian academic electronic library (hereinafter – eLABa) is a national Lithuanian academic electronic library containing free access documents and/or metadata of science and studies:
- Publications by teachers, researchers and students of Lithuanian scientific and academic institutions;
- Final theses, PhD dissertations and their summaries, overviews of research papers for habilitation procedures confirmed by Lithuanian scientific and academic institutions;
- Documents of free access or subscribed databases of Lithuanian scientific and academic institutions.
- SERVICES OF DOCUMENT COPYING AND PRINTING. You can obtain a pre-programmed card in the library. Card price: 50 credits – 2,80 eur., 100 credits – 5,30 eur.
- BINDING – 2 Eur.
+370 5 215 4884
Lunch break 13.00-14.00