English and International Communication
As the use of English and other foreign languages in business, political and cultural life is increasing rapidly, there is a growing need for professionals capable of working in international organisations and projects.
2nd best among Lithuanian colleges in the field of English Philology in 2018.
ABOUT THE PROGRAMME
Degree awarded: Bachelor in Humanities
Study field: English Philology
Duration: full-time, 3 years
Credit points (ECTS): 180
Language of tuition: English (for Russian speakers)
Aim of the programme
To develop language service professionals capable of providing professional foreign language services in the areas of business communication, translation of business documentation and development of information sources
Programme learning outcomes
The study program will help you gain a greater competitive advantage in the labour market as its content and study methods are aligned with the equivalent level (C1) of major international general and business English exams, so you will be prepared to pass such examinations as Cambridge C1 Advanced (CAE), Cambridge C1 Business Higher (BEC Higher) or London Chamber of Commerce and Industry International Qualifications in English for Business. You will also have a wide range of foreign language options: Russian, German, French, Spanish and Swedish.
Modern English English grammar Applied information technologies Introduction to media Psychology Introduction to linguistics Lithuanian for specific purposes and written communication Lexicology and lexicography Second foreign language Introduction to communication studies Elective subject 1 Introduction to sociology Internship in Business Communication
Modern English English syntax Language pragmatics Academic writing Media language Communication in organisations Intercultural communication in business Translation theory and practice Second foreign language Elective subject 2 Presentation skills training In-company internship
Modern English Linguistic analysis of text Marketing communications and consumer behaviour Integrated business studies Translation and editing Modern technologies in translation Introduction to law Bachelor thesis research methodology Second foreign language Elective subject 3 Organisation of MICE events Final internship Bachelor thesis
VILNIUS BUSINESS COLLEGE Admission Committee carefully reviews each application. Three main criteria are considered:
- SECONDARY SCHOOL CERTIFICATE or HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA AS EVIDENCE OF THE COMPLETION OF SECONDARY EDUCATION (no lower than passing grades)
- PROFICIENCY IN ENGLISH (for studies in English minimum requirement B2 according to the CEFR)
- MOTIVATION (personal statement letter and walk-in or Skype video interview)
Full-time studies (3 years):
EUR 2700 (for non-EU citizens)
EUR 2100 (for EU citizens)
Application fee: EUR 100
How to apply
Please fill in the APPLICATION FORM (https://admission.kolegija.lt/).
Together with the APPLICATION FORM, the applicant is to submit the following documents either in person or in digital format (scanned) attached to ON-LINE APPLICATION FORM or send via email to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- SECONDARY EDUCATION or HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA AND TRANSCRIPTS (original diploma or notarised copy) accompanied with their translation into English or Russian
- CERTIFICATE OF EVALUATION of the secondary education or high school diploma and transcripts issued by the Lithuanian Centre for Quality Assessment in Higher Education (scanned copy) SKVC general requirements. More information at: http://www.skvc.lt/en/content.asp?id=328
- PASSPORT or ID CARD (original or notarised copy)
- DOCUMENT CONFIRMING NAME CHANGE (if applicable)
- PHOTO (passport size)
- MOTIVATION STATEMENT (in English or Russian, minimum 1 page)
- APPLICATION FEE 100 EUR (payment receipt, please provide name, surname and study programme to be enrolled).
After receiving a CONDITIONAL ACCEPTANCE LETTER (Confirmation of Admission) from Vilnius Business College, the SUCCESSFUL APPLICANTS are expected to confirm their acceptance by paying the tuition fee / warranty deposit by the date specified in the letter and submit the following documents via email to email@example.com:
- PAID TUITION FEE
- LETTER OF AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT (in case of sponsorship, notarised copy)
- BANK STATEMENT to prove your or sponsor’s financial abilities to cover annual living expenses in Lithuania (no less than 2300 EUR, notarized copy)
- HEALTH INSURANCE (valid for a year)
Application deadline: September 15, 2019
Start date: October, 2019
Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Upon completion of the programme you will gain a solid foundation in English and second foreign language, intercultural and business communication skills, and will be able to understand business processes and project management. You will be able to successfully apply the acquired competencies both in business and in the public sector while working in the fields of service provision, customer service, sales, communication and other areas where professional foreign language knowledge is necessary for finding new foreign markets, maintaining relations with foreign partners and representing companies at various international meetings and events.
Our graduates successfully work in the fields of export/import, tourism, production, trade, customer service and have started their careers in international companies, such as Invest in Lithuania, Western Union Lithuania, KPMS and Partners, etc.
One learns best by trial and error
Andrejus Račkovskis, a lecturer of English Language and Communication at VVK, is convinced that mistakes lead to progress: if you learn from them, you will get better. “At the College, we teach students through experience, through practical tasks, fostering an environment that tolerates mistakes and failures, which are very important for effective learning and later for implementing your projects, creating your own business, or working in an advanced company,” he says.