Computer games keep stimulating the ever growing market of gaming industry. According to experts‘ opinion, by the year 2020 its value will have reached more than 230 bln. US dollars. This VVK study programme is intended for those who wish and seek to become a part of this market.
Programme: Game Design
Degree awarded: Professional Bachelor’s degree in Informatics
Study field: Informatics
Duration: Full-time: 3 years
Credits (ECTS) 180
Course language: English
To prepare a specialist, who is able to create media systems, computer games, attractive online information systems; who has professional programming skills, the knowledge of principals of human-computer interaction, computer audio and video processing, who would have the basics of creative visual thinking. Such specialist can work as a programmer or as a developer-designer at any company, which creates computer games, develops and (or) uses media technologies either on his/her own or by establishing his/her company as well as being a part of an IT team in any IT company.
Programme learning outcomes
You will be taught information technology applications, programming basics, computer graphics and animation, computer design basics, 3D graphics and animation, object-oriented programming, content management systems and computer games. You will learn to develop audio visual technology, interactive media components, smart devices and other multimedia, also games with Unity3D engine.
Professional Foreign Language (English);
Applications of Information Technologies;
Basics of programming;
Computer Game Design;
Game Design project;
Computer graphics and animation;
3D Graphics and Animation;
Computer Architecture and Maintenance;
Operating systems and system software;
Human Computer Interaction;
Web programming and databases;
Physics of Computer Games;
Computer Networks and Security;
Computer Game Development Basics and Technologies;
IT project management;
Basics of Law;
Data Structures and Algorithms
Subject Language and Written Communication;
Web Games Development;
Integrated Business Studies;
Computer Game Development (Unity);
Smart Technology Programming;
Professional Bachelor Graduation Thesis
VILNIUS BUSINESS COLLEGE Admission Committee carefully reviews each application. Three main criteria are considered:
- SECONDARY SCHOOL CERTIFICATE or HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA AS EVIDENCE OF THE COMPLETION OF SECONDARY EDUCATION (no lower than passing grades)
- PROFICIENCY IN ENGLISH (for studies in English minimum requirement B1 according to the EU system)
- MOTIVATION (personal statement letter and walk-in or Skype video interview)
Full-time studies (3 years)
for non-EU citizens – 3000 Eur
for EU citizens – 2300 Eur
Application fee – 100 Eur
Unity makes creating successful games far easier than ever before. Unity is a game development ecosystem: a powerful rendering engine fully integrated with a complete set of intuitive tools and rapid workflows to create interactive 3D and 2D content; easy multiplatform publishing; thousands of quality, ready-made assets in the Asset Store and a knowledge-sharing community.
Unity's software works on nearly all mobile devices, including those powered by Apple's iOS mobile operating system, Google's Android and Microsoft's Windows Phone. Unity can also produce programs for video game consoles such as Microsoft's Xbox One, Sony's PlayStation 4 and Nintendo's Wii U. Nearly half of all mobile game developers today use Unity.
Games made with Unity:
Twelve a Dozen,
Heroes of Warcraft
and many others.
Please fill in the APPLICATION FORM (https://admission.kolegija.lt/).
Together with the APPLICATION FORM, the applicant is to submit the following documents either in person or in digital format (scanned) attached to ON-LINE APPLICATION FORM or send via email to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- SECONDARY EDUCATION or HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA AND TRANSCRIPTS (original diploma or notarised copy) accompanied with their translation into English or Russian
- CERTIFICATE OF EVALUATION of the secondary education or high school diploma and transcripts issued by the Lithuanian Centre for Quality Assessment in Higher Education (scanned copy) SKVC general requirements. More information at: http://www.skvc.lt/en/content.asp?id=328
- PASSPORT or ID CARD (original or notarised copy)
- DOCUMENT CONFIRMING NAME CHANGE (if applicable)
- PHOTO (passport size)
- MOTIVATION STATEMENT (in English or Russian, minimum 1 page)
- APPLICATION FEE 100 Eur (payment receipt, please provide name, surname and study programme to be enrolled).
After receiving a CONDITIONAL ACCEPTANCE LETTER (Confirmation of Admission) from Vilnius Business College, the SUCCESSFUL APPLICANTS are expected to confirm their acceptance by paying the tuition fee / warranty deposit by the date specified in the letter and submit the following documents via email to email@example.com:
- PAID TUITION FEE
- LETTER OF AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT (in case of sponsorship, notarised copy)
- BANK STATEMENT to prove your or sponsor’s financial abilities to cover annual living expenses in Lithuania (no less than 2300 Eur, notarized copy)
- HEALTH INSURANCE (valid for a year)
Application deadline: September 15, 2019
Start date: October, 2019
Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
You will become: programmer, audio and video processing specialist, IT team member for any company which uses information technologies, or you could work in your own established IT services company.
You will also:
- become a specialist of the most demanded profession at this moment
- create computer games and mobile applications
- apply knowledge of web and modern communications technology
- create attractive online information systems
- work in a highly advanced job field
Prospects for the internship/placement: from all the fields of ICT specialities, computer programmers remain the most demanded specialists in the market. The computer gaming industry has already surpassed the film industry by popularity. Computer game development is an innovative and promising technology and must be observed from a creative perspective. It provides career opportunities for energetic and creative IT students.