Programming and Internet Technologies
Do you wish to control Internet technologies, turn them into your own start-up, or work in an innovative and progressive company? Having completed our studies you will be able to do more than programming, you will know how to create and turn it into your own competitive edge.
Programme: Programming and Internet Technologies
Degree awarded: Professional Bachelor’s degree in Informatics
Study field: Software Engineering
Duration: Full-time: 3 years
Credits (ECTS) 180
Course language: English
To prepare qualified IT professionals who are able to perform the following tasks – information systems design, programming, hardware and software installation and management, web-based systems providing e-services development and management, computer network administration, IT company’s planning and organization of tasks. Professionals must be able to adapt to fast-changing technology and market conditions.
Programme learning outcomes
You will be taught: programming basics, system programming, programming for graphical environment, object-oriented programming, information systems design, development of interactive websites, web site optimization of computer networks and server administration etc. This degree programme offers two specializations: Computer Network Administration and Internet Technology.
Professional Foreign Language (English);
Introduction to IT studies;
Programming Fundamentals(procedural, object oriented & graphical environment programming) ;
Applications software development project;
Internet technologies Fundamentals (web pages development basics, back-end programming and data bases management);
Computer graphics and animation;
Operating systems and system software
Internet technologies Fundamentals (front-end programming);
Internet technologies project;
Microcomputer and controller programming;
Computer Networks and Security;
Content Management systems programming;
IT project management;
Subject Language and Written Communication;
Data Structures and Algorithms;
New Technologies of Site Development;
Integrated Business Studies;
Basics of Law;
Study Field Optional Subject;
Smart Technology Programming;
Professional Bachelor Graduation Thesis
VILNIUS BUSINESS COLLEGE Admission Committee carefully reviews each application. Three main criteria are considered:
- SECONDARY SCHOOL CERTIFICATE or HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA AS EVIDENCE OF THE COMPLETION OF SECONDARY EDUCATION (no lower than passing grades)
- PROFICIENCY IN ENGLISH (for studies in English minimum requirement B1 according to the EU system)
- MOTIVATION (personal statement letter and walk-in or Skype video interview)
Full-time studies (3 years)
for non-EU citizens – 3000 Eur
for EU citizens – 2300 Eur
Application fee – 100 EUR
How to apply
Please fill in the APPLICATION FORM (https://admission.kolegija.lt/).
Together with the APPLICATION FORM, the applicant is to submit the following documents either in person or in digital format (scanned) attached to ON-LINE APPLICATION FORM or send via email to email@example.com:
- SECONDARY EDUCATION or HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA AND TRANSCRIPTS (original diploma or notarised copy) accompanied with their translation into English or Russian
- CERTIFICATE OF EVALUATION of the secondary education or high school diploma and transcripts issued by the Lithuanian Centre for Quality Assessment in Higher Education (scanned copy) SKVC general requirements. More information at: http://www.skvc.lt/en/content.asp?id=328
- PASSPORT or ID CARD (original or notarised copy)
- DOCUMENT CONFIRMING NAME CHANGE (if applicable)
- PHOTO (passport size)
- MOTIVATION STATEMENT (in English or Russian, minimum 1 page)
- APPLICATION FEE 100 EUR (payment receipt, please provide name, surname and study programme to be enrolled).
After receiving a CONDITIONAL ACCEPTANCE LETTER (Confirmation of Admission) from Vilnius Business College, the SUCCESSFUL APPLICANTS are expected to confirm their acceptance by paying the tuition fee / warranty deposit by the date specified in the letter and submit the following documents via email to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- PAID TUITION FEE
- LETTER OF AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT (in case of sponsorship, notarised copy)
- BANK STATEMENT to prove your or sponsor’s financial abilities to cover annual living expenses in Lithuania (no less than 2300 Eur, notarized copy)
- HEALTH INSURANCE (valid for a year)
Application deadline: September 15, 2018
Start date: October, 2018
Contact email: email@example.com
As a graduate of this programme, you will:
- become a qualified professional who is able to work in the information technologies’ developing enterprises, institutions and organizations.
- be able to use modern programming languages.
- create complex software projects.
- design and administer computer networks.
- develop and maintain computerized business information and e-commerce systems.
- organize and execute traditional and electronic publishing.