At Vilnius Business College, we carry out studies that meet the needs of business, educate qualified and entrepreneurial specialists in our field, provide higher college education and provide a professional bachelor’s degree.
At the College we have first cycle (professional bachelor’s) studies in full-time, part-time and distance learning forms. Forms of studies differ in terms of schedule and study intensity.
- We carry out studies in a regular form – full time when theoretical and practical classes take place during the day.
- We schedule the part-time study form on Saturdays, which allows our students to combine work and study and study at a slower pace.
- Distance learning takes place in a virtual learning environment where students communicate with the teacher in a synchronous way (lectures, seminars, discussions, consultations, task discussions and other teaching / learning activities) and / or asynchronously when students study in a virtual learning environment. material released into the environment independently at any time convenient to them.
The education provided by different forms of study is equivalent. The focus on the student, lecturers and professionals in their field, connection with business and innovative study methods, of which project teaching is the most important to us, so it allow us to ensure study content quality, development of practical skills and successful career of graduates.
Documents Related to Study Organisation
Vilnius Business College Code of General and Academic Ethics: Download
Vilnius Business College Regulations of Studies: Download
The Procedure for Dealing With Appeals at Vilnius Business College: Download
The Procedure for Evaluating Learning Outcomes at VBC: Download
The Statute of Public Institution of Vilnius Business College: Download
The Procedure for Crediting Study Outcomes at Vilnius Business College: Download
Vilnius Business College has integrated the Project Learning method into the study process, which is based on the adoption of good practices of Finnish, Danish and Dutch higher education institutions. The concept of project learning is a student-centered methodology that expands the opportunities for stakeholders to get involved in the study process by implementing the unity of “studies, business and science”, which in the long run determines the economic capacity of countries, level of innovation and business R&D activities. The project teaching method encourages closer communication and cooperation between students, teachers, employees of the educational institution and representatives of business entities, and fundamentally changes the roles of students and teachers in the learning process.
The aim of project learning is to teach students at VBC to creatively take over scientific knowledge, apply it in practice in solving real problems, to understand their personal and team responsibility in creating a result; develop skills such as leadership, entrepreneurship, teamwork, planning, and so on. During project teaching, students solve real situations, develop them in a team and present them to the commission, justifying the decisions made, which encourages students to actively engage in creative activities and develop social and professional skills.
Project tasks are realized not only by students of business programs, but also by students of computer science programs. Today, our biggest achievement is the application of project teaching in interdisciplinary teams, where real situations are solved by teams of students from different fields of programs.
Examples of Successful Projects:
- VBC Tourism and Events program student project Smart Vilnius participated in the Youth Week event Idėja+ and took the second place.
- At the request of the Lithuanian Association of Restaurants and Hotels, students submitted project proposals on the adaptation of Lithuanian hotels to the needs of people with disabilities and the Lithuanian Hotel Standards Catalog.
- Business management and marketing students helped to increase the flow of visitors to UAB Peisas electronic store muvio.lt or to solve the problem of attracting visitors to the Japanese food restaurant Labuki.
- The project of the Business Management and Marketing and Programming and Internet Technology Student Team “Cycling Without Barriers” solves the social problem of safe cycling traffic. Most of the participants in this traffic admit that the city of Vilnius is not adapted to safe traffic and the bicycle paths are full of sections dangerous to the lives and health of cyclists, which need to be arranged. There are constant reports in the press when cyclists are killed or severely injured on the road. This has led VVK students to create a tool that allows the cyclist to easily and quickly inform the responsible authorities about a dangerous obstacle on a cycle path.