Vilnius Business College is an open, innovative and competitive higher education institution, cherishing its principles and values, having international recognition.
To provide professional and personal development opportunities to each student by:
- Being flexible in balancing high quality studies and innovative study methods that meet business demands;
- Cultivating sustainable development and life-long learning ideas.
Through realizing our vision and guided by that College vision we cherish values, with help of which we create exceptional inner communicative and collaborative learning culture as well as environment. It‘s not just words, it‘s the foundation of our activities:
- Respect for everyone is our value, from which productive and creative cooperation and communication starts. We believe that by respecting one another we will create creativity, initiative and sustainability-based environment.
- Attention to everyone – to words, work, ideas, feelings. We are always ready to listen, advise, encourage and help
- Openness to new ideas and challenges – we are flexible, brave, curious and original, ever searching for new possibilities to unfold.
- Collaboration – we appreciate everyone‘s personal contribution, lead an active mutual dialogue, foster responsible team work.
- Transparency in the College is equality of persons, unbiased decision-making, objectivity of assessment, clarity of relations, rights and obligations.
We believe that Vilnius Business College vision will become a reality in our activities through applying the following principles:
- To the student – personal attention, understanding and dialogue, high level informational and technological provision for studies;
- To the employee – recognition of personal significance, conditions for developing competence and initiative, raising qualification, tolerance of personal values and compatibility with institutional aims;
- To the employer – a specialist who is qualified, enterprising, ethical, able to make decisions independently.
In order to purposefully realize the Mission and every day get closer to our Vision implementation we are helped by the Strategic Plan, wherein strategic aims of our activity are enumerated:
- To create exceptional teaching and learning experience and environment
- To develop internationality
- To carry out project-based and applied scientific activities
- To improve management of the organization and cherish ideas of sustainable development
Strategic aims help us make everyday jobs meaningful and let us realize our Mission having in mind that we are there for you and beside you, and we understand that you and us are growing and learning together.
How successful are we? Are our activities and principles right? Do we correctly comprehend our Mission and carry it out well enough? All these questions can be best answered by international experts who objectively and comprehensively evaluate every higher education institution.
A team of six international experts was formed in order to evaluate institutional performance of Vilnius Business College. In 2014 performance of our College was evaluated by the experts and the Centre for Quality Assessment in Higher Education. Based on their decision, Vilnius Business College has been accredited for the maximum period of 6 years. Below you can see the fields evaluated and the decision by the international experts:
|Studies and life-long learning||Positive|
|Scientific and (or) artistic activity||Positive|
|Impact on regional and national development||Positive|
Experts maintain and note that:
- College is a small, friendly institution;
- Each person receives great help, which is appreciated by students and graduates alike;
- Very flexible and advanced learning institution;
- The management (for different issues) often choose the shortest possible way and non-formal approach;
- Relations with foreign partners are smooth, no bureaucratic constraints.
In order to implement College activities we employ cutting-edge management methods, which help us ensure quality of studies and performance. Our quality assurance system is based on Standards and Guidelines for Quality Assurance in the European Higher Education Area (ESG) as well as International Standard Principles of Quality Management (ISO 9004). In order for all members of the College community to understand the principles of quality assurance system we have formulated the main provisions in our Quality Assurance Policy, which is made public for all members of the community. It defines our principles and values; our approach and our commitment are laid out in order to ensure high quality of our performance and implement the provisions of the aforementioned ESG. In quality assurance great attention is paid to the student: our goal is to help our students become independent and creative personalities. We understand that quality assurance is a continuous process whereby we aim to meet the needs of our consumers. Therefore College takes responsibility for teaching quality, at the same time stressing efficiency of organizational structure and fostering quality improvement. The constant aim of quality assurance is to maintain the current level of the College graduates‘ employment rate (study continuation) (~90%) and achieve that every next year this average would be between 90-98% of the total number of graduates.