Vilnius Business College Events in 2023
How was the year 2023 for Vilnius Business College?
Much has happened because the college is primarily about people, and each of them experienced various perceptions, lessons, and impressions. The college is both a higher education institution, living an interesting and active life as an educational institution.
From the multitude of events, we selected the most memorable ones.
- This year we have marked the 31st anniversary of Vilnius Business College, which is one of the first private higher education institutions in Lithuania.
- Vidas Kavaliauskas, a longtime member of the college community, specially released an e-learning book “World Languages” for Vilnius Business College’s English language international communication students. Unfortunately, after a few months, we lost valuable friendship with the professor.
- In March, Vilnius Business College hosted a meaningful two-day scientific conference with guests from 11 foreign countries.
- Maryna Saprykina, the head of the Ukrainian CSR organization network, founder of the Ukrainian Women’s Business Community, and sustainability consultant, delivered a unique lecture on the resilience of Ukrainian businesses in the face of war in Ukraine.
- In May, “Team academy” students participated at the XX International Student Scientific Symposium in Klaipėda, focusing on “Academic Youth Aspirations: Insights into Economics, Management, Law, and Technology in 2023.”
- The student council of Vilnius Business College elected a new president, Benas Kuprys, which significantly increased the number of student-organized activities.
- A new initiative, the “Tech Savvy” programme for business representatives, was launched, fostering digital literacy and helping businesses find digitization opportunities for their sector, company, or product development.
- The “Profadienis” event continued its success, where students develop various competencies and learn to make decisions to solve business problems.
- Along with “Tech Savvy,” training sessions were held for Vilnius Business College lecturers on the field of artificial intelligence and technological innovations.
- The successful collaboration with the “Barcelona Technology School” (Spain) resulted in master’s studies for any graduated student who obtained a professional bachelor’s degree.
- Other successful initiatives include the traditional Vilnius Business College translation competition, counting eleven years, and the scientific electronic journal “Applied Business: Issues & Solutions,” established by Vilnius Business College and Marius Jakulis Jason’s fund.